These are my go-to places throughout the US. Ones I have been to and personally reviewed. This list of coffee shops is a work in progress. I have listed the shops and will add commentary soon. Likewise, the more we travel, the more that will be added to this list.
- Nexus Coffee Creative: This coffee shop is in downtown. I had their snickers latte and it was delicious- creamy and smooth from the chocolate and caramel, added bonus was the nutty flavor from the hazelnut. The hazelnut and caramel go very well together. We also had some of their bakery items, though I don’t remember much about it (This is because we went there on March 17, 2020. I remember this because it was the day our family was first affected with the social implications of COVID-19). I was going to add a sticker to the order and the barista was nice enough to give it to us for free because we ordered two drinks and the bakery items. I appreciated the gesture and highly recommend this shop if you’re going to be going through downtown Little Rock.
- River City Coffee: River City is tucked away in a suburb of Little Rock, about a mile and a half from the Little Rock Zoo. I’ve been here several times, albeit, by accident. I love the name of the coffee shop so when I was researching I ended up picking this store twice. The owner, Jeremy Bragg, is very nice, having started a conversation with the girls and I while we waited on our drinks. Although the shop is a bit small, it has wonderful decorations. The little nook by the window would be perfect for writing your day away.
- Peet’s Coffee and Tea: Nestled inside Surf Market Gualala is Peet’s Coffee and Tea. If you’re passing through Route 1 on your way to San Francisco, this is a place you cannot miss. All of the food sold is made locally or organic (think John Kelly Chocolates, Revive Kombucha, and From the Ground Up crackers)- it just gives you good vibes. I don’t know what else to say except, if I could be there right now I would be.
- Durango Coffee Co.: I was so excited to get out on my own and explore this coffee shop in downtown Durango. Although I was a bit disappointed they didn’t have oatmilk as an alternative, I opted for a Mexican mocha and it did not disappoint. The shop fit the vibes of downtown Durango and I cannot wait to go back in two months to get another one of their delicious coffees!
- Tattered Covers Downtown: My favorite coffee shop on this list- it’s been far too long since I’ve had the coffee shop that’s tucked in the corner of the largest book store in the US. I’ll be honest, I have no idea what I had. This, you would think, is because it has been five years since I last went there but actually it’s because the barista chose for me. For the full details, check out my post on Denver. Otherwise, just trust me and make this your first coffee stop when traveling to the Mile High City.
- Joffery’s Coffee and Tea: If you’re going to Disney- this is a must. They have different flavors for different places. For example, the coffee I had was Toy Story themed and guess where I was? You guessed it, in Toy Story land! They have a Starbucks but you can get that anywhere. So, find a Joffery’s kiosk and get fueled up for a great time at the happiest place on earth!
- Crown Brew Coffee: This place is definitely a work-friendly space. If you’re looking for a great place to work and get a good cup of coffee and a GREAT scone, Crown Brew is where it’s at.
- The Creme Coffeehouse: This is probably the first coffeeshop the girls truly remember. We would go there all the time when they were little. Helps that they have toys and it is two blocks from the one of the top parks in US (that also has wifi). The baristas are super knowledgeable and nine times out of ten, I would have them whip me up whatever they were feeling like.
Glacier National Park
- West Glacier Restaurant: Glacier is cold even in the summer, so a hot huckleberry latte is the way to go. If you have time to sit down, they have a nice seating area outside but, if you’re ready to go exploring, grab a cup on your way into the park and enjoy a sip while others kayak… like I did.
- Vice and Virtue:
- Green Frog Coffee Co.:
- The Well Coffeehouse:
- White Rhino:
- White Rock Coffee:
- La La Kind Cafe:
- Ascensions Coffee:
- Fiction Coffee:
- Davis Street Espresso:
- Summer Moon:
- Overflow Coffee Co.:
- Common Ground:
- Pinewood Coffee Bar:
- Houndstooth Coffee Co.:
- Greater Goods Coffee Roasting Co.:
- The Art of Coffee: